[3830] ARRLDX CW VE2DWA(LU7DW) SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve2dwa@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE2DWA(LU7DW) SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:43:07 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE2DWA
Operator(s): LU7DW
Station: VE2DWA

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Aylmer QC
Operating Time (hrs): <10

  160:  117    60
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:    0
   15:    0
   10:    0
-------------------
Total:  117    60  Total Score = 21,060

All reports sent were 599 QC, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: Kenwood TS-930, Tentec Titan, Bencher BY-1

Antennas: Inverted L (12 meter vertical, 26 horizontal) w/ 8 x 1/4 wave radials
buried in three feet of snow

PC: Pentium 1 166 Mhz running CT 10.04 DOS.

Comments:

As it was to be a busy and very social weekend with only few hours for the
radio, I've entered SO HP 160 (after the great cndx that we had in CQ 160 CW
and as preparation for CQ 160 SSB next weekend) only part-time and I have a lot
of fun indeed.

I spent 99% of my time operated S&P (moving the dial), because without RX
antenna and with snow falling almost all the weekend, it was very difficult run
stations (sorry to that ones I couldn't copy you answering my CQs but the static
noise was very high at my location)

OM3GI was the loudest EU signal (great RX too) and I've copied him all night
long, for the first time I've worked more than 15 G stations in a 160 meter
contest. EA8ZS was very loud also, PJ2T & PV8AA (a new one for me) were the
loudest SA, but I was very happy working my buddies @ CW5W for a mult, only 2
KH6 in the log but none AS.  Very few stations with bad click, but a very loud
K8.. was really bad.

See you in CQ WW 160 SSB, I'll be as VE3AP from VE3RM.

73, Claudio LU7DW-VE2DWA-VE3AP