[3830] ARRLDX CW WQ5L SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WQ5L SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:44:40 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MS

  160:   31    25
   80:  102    49
   40:  161    60
   20:  174    64
   15:   38    25
   10:   16    10
-------------------
Total:  522   233  Total Score = 364,878

150W, 160 inv-L, 80 inv-L, 40-10 vertical, all S&P.

Nice quiet low bands the first night. Went to topband late (0600Z) and only for
a bit over an hour, but it sure was hot at that time -- much better than CQ160
weekend, when most of the DX did not hear me at all.

Thunderstorm QRN obliterated 160 and 80 the second night, and while 40 wasn't
too noisy, the condx started to stink a couple hours after sunset. Went to bed
early.

15 opened to western Europe Sunday morning, but my ant is especially bad on
that band and I could only work a few.

10 finally popped open to the south late Sunday afternoon, with some big
signals from the Caribbean basin, but not very many of them.

CU from K5MDX (M/2) in the phone part. 73,

-- Ray WQ5L