[3830] ARRLDX CW N2RJ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rjairam@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2RJ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:22:50 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 26.7

  160:    9     8
   80:   97    30
   40:  422    60
   20:  725    75
   15:   33    19
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1286   192  Total Score = 740,736

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Had some decent runs on 20 and 40, with peak rates in excess of 180 per hour at
times.  Sometimes it got hard with everyone piling up, but I stuck with it.
Thank you Asiatic Russia! You always come through for me!

20 and 40 were the money bands for sure, and I was hoping for more on 15. 33
Q's isn't anything to write home about but every bit counts.

I followed the cardinal rule of "don't give up a productive frequency to S&P"
but I wonder if it cost me some mults.  To remedy that, it's time to move to
the next step and try SO2R which I'm going to start exploring. Some quirks in
N1MM's shortcut keys kinda fouled me up at times, plus at times one of our cats
who thinks he's made of glass and wanted to enter a few Q's himself. I had to
move him aside as he has no license. ;)

Adding low band capability did make a difference, but not a dramatic one.  I
Don't think those 106 Q's on 80 and 160 made a lot of difference but they
nonetheless added to my score and gave me something to do in the late hours.
Maybe next time I'll go for a full 48.

See you on phone in a few weeks!!!  Go FRC!!!