[3830] NA Sprint SSB KH7XS(K4XS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, CQTESTK4XS@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KH7XS(K4XS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:42:20 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KH7XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: HAWAII

   80:    4     :08
   40:   95    1:47
   20:  206    2:05
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition

Comments:

This one was a struggle from the very beginning.  I was getting beaten out by
other stations when calling, and getting no answers to CQs.  All of the big
guns numbers were higher than mine when I worked them on 20.  Eventually they
migrated to 40 and that's when the "Sunday Drivers" came to the rescue.  124
stations, the majority of them on 20, passed me a number 1 for the QSO.

The last hour was pretty miserable, since 40 was getting pretty played out and
80 really wasn't really open yet.  Sunset out here occurs after the contest
ends.

This was my second Sprint without SO2R.  It really isn't much of a hinderance
out here, since only one band is really usable at a time for the Sprint.

I love this contest and if I could make one change it would be to have KH6
count for a mult like it does in the NAQP.  Hey, if HI counts for a mult in
NAQP, let's have it count for NA Sprint!

Thanks to all the regulars and the "Sunday Drivers" for the QSOs.

See you all this weekend in ARRL.