[3830] RTTY WPX K7IA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7ia@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K7IA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:24:43 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NM

   80:   98   236
   40:  270   678
   20:  379   614
   15:   33    66
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total:  780  1594  Prefixes = 309  Total Score = 492,546

My first running in the WPX RTTY.  20m was the workhorse, as would be expected
by current dearth of spots and unpredictablity of current cycle nadir.  But it
was nice to work a few on 15m on Sat afternoon (Did not operate 15m on
Sunday--was busy with other things during the hours that 15 might have been
open).

I heard a solitary staton on 10 meters and called and called, but it just
wasn't to be.  Next year??

The nice surprise was how late 20 remained open following EU sundown.

The lower bands were crowded, and the ops were courteous throughout, making for
a most enjoyable outing.  Will run it again next year.

Thanks to the ops who could hear me wedged tightly between other running
stations.  The K3, with its "Dual Bandpass Filter" for RTTY plus variable DSP
bandwidth allows a tighter sandwich than possible with most other setups.  The
receiving advantage was mine in many cases, but it takes two to tango even when
the dance floor is packed!

Equipment:
K3, 500 watts to 4 el SteppIR with 30/40 loop and a 40-6 meter SteppIR vertical
for omni.

N1MM plus MMTTY engine, both flawless.

Many thanks again, and 73,
Dan k7ia