[3830] CQ160 CW VE3XB Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3xb@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3XB Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:39:04 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE3XB
Operator(s): VE3XB
Station: VE3XB

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Toronto

Total:  QSOs = 953  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 60  Total Score = 618,976

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It's impossible to be competitive from the middle of big city so I decided to do
DX-ing instead, using few available spoils like cluster and an amplifier limited
to less than 400 w by ALC driven by TV, entertainment centres, computers and
various building appliances.

Friday night conditions were unbelievable so I couldn't resist starting calling
CQ and had few pretty good runs. Saturday night band was covered with some kind
of white noise and I became an alligator and am sorry if I missed your call.
Later same happend to me and I couldn't get through to the stations coming from
the West and Pacific. Somebody said it was one-way propagation. Missed both
sunrises staying longer in bed due to cold.

Thanks for QSOs, see you all in ARRL CW in February.

73 Yuri

Equipment: TT Orion II, Quadra VL-1000, half-wave sloper coming down from the
top of 35m apartment building and 2 small RX verticals placed apart on the roof
patio and phased via NCC-1.