[3830] RAC Winter VE8EV SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john_boudreau@gov.nt.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE8EV SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:44:32 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE8EV
Operator(s): VE8EV
Station: VE8EV

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Inuvik, NT

  160:    4      2       2         2
   80:
   40:    1      8       1         3
   20:    9    380       5        13
Total:   14    390       8        18  Total Score = 53,616

Didn't get started until after midnight as I spent several hours getting set up
and then working on the low-band antennas.  I made a few contacts on 160m and
then called it a night.  I had planned to alternate between RAC Winter and Stew
Perry on Saturday but 20m was wide open and I even had many comment on how loud
I was.  Tried 40m and 80m in the last hour and the bands were ok but there
didn't seem to be much activity left.

Highpoint: Putting my 12 year old son in the chair on Sunday and hunting for
RAC stations.  He was thrilled and so was I.  I got so excited I forgot I had
worked VE6RAC before and had him call them for the dupe (apparently he tried to
tell me the computer was saying 'Possible duplicate'!)  Too bad he'll be headed
back to school before Kid's Day.

No low points, it was all good other than having to set up and tear down the
station and antennas in the dark at -35C...

Happy Holidays
John - VE8EV