[3830] CQWW SSB OZ1ADL SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jan@thogersen.dk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OZ1ADL SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 00:52:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OZ1ADL
Operator(s): OZ1ADL
Station: OZ1ADL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Galten, Denmark

  160:  224    14       61
   80:  551    20       85
   40:  254    29      110
   20:  685    35      122
   15:  135    29       83
   10:    7     2        6
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Good Morning...

What a week-end. I still have the roaring sound of the 20 m wall-to-wall of
noise ringing in my ears.Today I am only going to listen to the birds singing
in the garden...
Now I am sore in my whole body from sitting down for so long - and especially
my ears - and I sit here and look at the numbers. Did I really make 467 DXCC
countries in one week-end ...and even with 10 m totally closed ? Wow, that is
more than half of the DXCC countries that I´ve made all year on all bands.

I am pretty satisfied with the result.  We have been working for years to build
up the shack and this antenna farm http://www.hamband.com and this is what it is
all about. The world as one big playground. And what activity ! Amazing signals
from all zones of the world ( except one - I never got anybody from zone 36 )
and an excellent opportunity to improve ones DXCC status on all bands. For the
first time ever I had put my focus mostly on the multipliers ( I normally like
to run ) and that looks good on the final result, but yet I feel that I should
have spent more time on 40 and 20, but I couldn´t stand the constant 59 noise
and besides I had promised the scouts to be in charge of a service in the
church on sunday afternoon in the middle of the big openings to the US on 20 -
so all things considered I am happy with the result and cannot wait to see how
many new band countries I have made for my Master log.

Some real outstanding and memorable contacts in there - too many to mention,
but thaks to all that worked me and see you in the next one!

Best 73

Jan, OZ1ADL