[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K6LL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY K6LL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:59:16 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ

   80:   39       1
   40:   83     2.5
   20:   21     0.5
---------------------

Club: SWACC

Team: SWACC

Comments:

First contest using a pair of K3's.  They worked fb, except for some power
variations at the time of mark-space transition. 300 Hz DSP BW with 2:1 shape
factor is great!

I didn't purchase access to a Writelog update for the new Sprint rules, so I
used N1MM on RTTY for the first time. I didn't like the way it behaved.
Writelog's call highlighting scheme is better, Writelog parses exchange
elements better, and Writelog handles line feeds better (You don't have to
chase text up the screen with the mouse). Looks like Wayne will be getting
another $30 from me before the next Sprint.

I think the new Sprint rules are just as much fun as the old ones, even if the
qso rate is lower.

It looks like NCCC is going to take over from SWACC as the new RTTY Team
powerhouse, but SWACC will put up a fight!

Adios.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ