[3830] Salmon Run W0BH SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run W0BH SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:41:17 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   11      2
   40:   14     16
   20:   38    198
----------------------------
Total:   63    216      0  Mults = 35  Total Score = 22,235

Score includes bonus for one (lucky) contact with W7DX. Mults do count only
once, right?

Since I'm formerly from Washington State, I always enjoy working back to the
northwest. This year, conditions on 20m to WA were excellent and I kept the amp
off the entire weekend. I also enjoyed more rag-chewing than usual since the
Salmon Run is relatively slow paced, at least from my end. Sunday afternoon was
particularly slow, but things picked up nicely the last several hours.

Thanks to KB6OLL/7, K7WA and N7GCO for a number of mobile contacts. Special
thanks to Pat, K7HRT/m who I first picked up near Moses Lake enroute to Spokane
on I-90. Pat was just driving along and came back to my SSB CQ. At first, he
wasn't sure what county he was in so we figured that out, then I noticed that
the next two counties would be Adams and Lincoln, both which were still on my
list of mults needed.  I kept checking back and we got them both!

Overall, I worked 35/39 counties, missing FERR OKAN PACI and PEND. Between last
year and this year, I'm now only down to PEND for the sweep. As for the bonus
station, I'm not sure where W7DX was operating from, but I never heard them on
SSB although I swept the bands frequently. I did hear them (not loud) answering
a CQ on CW, and managed a Q afterwards.

Thanks also to the Western Washington DX Club for sponsoring the event and for
the dedicated fixed stations who routinely pegged my s-meter! Hope to work you
all mobile from 34 counties in the Texas QSO Party on Sep 27-28.

73, Bob, w0bh