[3830] NA Sprint SSB W0BH HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB W0BH HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:41:45 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   72     1.5
   40:  119    2.25
   20:    7     .25
---------------------

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Drove back to Kansas through lots of rain after attending a wedding in Branson
MO, but made it home just in time to put KS on the air only to find no 20m
prop. It was nice to hear AK and HI in the first few minutes and a few west
coast, but that was about it. Probably should have dug a few more out of the
mud, but signals were really down or non-existent on 20, so went to 40 in less
than 10 minutes and I obviously didn't come back very often.  40 was the money
band and 80 was workable. Low number stations on 40 the last hour helped
considerably.

Missed and never heard ID NV UT NM ND SD NE OK IA AR LA MI KY and NT AB SK. At
least I worked KS and MO this time (neat call, Steve .. KC0MO).

Will just have to regroup and try again or move to the coast or an island! Look
for me mobile from 33 counties in the TXQP Sep 27-28.

73, Bob, w0bh