[3830] ARRL FD NA5Q 2B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD NA5Q 2B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:43:35 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: NA5Q
Operator(s): NA5Q, K5UA
Station: NA5Q

Class: 2B LP
QTH: LA

  160:
   80:   17     69
   40:   89    127
   20:  146     32
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

This the first field day I have done with K5UA, operating in the country side,
Lafayette Parish. We had lots of difficulties getting started due to some bad
antennas and thunderstorms kept rolling in. We did manage to have fun, though
and that was what this was all about. We tried out a new Honda generator and it
worked great. Next year we will be better prepared. My new IC-7700 and K3
preformed great. The K3 really shined on SSB due to the 1.8K roofing filters.
What a blast that was to work phone in a crowded band. 7700 preformed great on
phone and cw, but was too heavy to work field day. Next year maybe we will have
two K3's.