[3830] WPX CW KZ5D SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KZ5D SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 07:23:17 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 34.5

   20: 1000

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun and surprising decent conditions. I got off to the fastest start ever
in a WPX contest. My first 2 hours on 20 were 131 and 123. Hour 3 was 97 and
then the rate got to the usual pattern. Worked an 9A,OM, I,and S5 on 10m. Where
were the other guys? The 9A was loud and heard running stations for over 2
hours. Seemed 15 didn't quite live up to expectations, or maybe I was on 10
when it peaked. Conditions on 20 to EU were fantastic during my late afternoon
(16Z to 00Z). I haven't put this many hours in the WPX in the past and the lack
of sleep was quite evident on Saturday afternoon/evening. Sorry for the QLF
moments. Highlight was hitting 1000 Qs on 20.

Thanks to all for the Qs and very enjoyable weekend. I'm glad today (Monday) is
a holiday to catch up on rest before returning to work.

73,

Art

Orion II + Acom 2000A
Force 12 XR5 @ 60ft.