[3830] WPX SSB XE1KK SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, xe1kk@xe1kk.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB XE1KK SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:28:39 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: XE1KK
Operator(s): XE1KK
Station: XE1KK

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Mexico City

Club: DXXE

Comments:

A busy social weekend keep me away from the contest.  Uncle Bill XE1ZWâ??s 70th
birthday party was a good reason not to participate. He has taught me most of
what I know about this great hobby.

Very interesting conditionsâ?¦ although I canâ??t say they were good.  Except
for California and a few W7s all the QSOs with the US were scatter either
beaming to Brazil or the South Pacific.  The very few QSOs with Europe were
scatters in central Africa.

More PYs than LUs, when usually is the other way around.   Several YBs but no
copy of DU.  KH6 were not to strong.  JAs were stronger beaming Hawaii than
Japan.  It seems we had a propagation barrier to the northern places.

Several times I call during the morning but had ZERO answersâ?¦ very unusual!
Last Thursday just worked 400 US stations on 10 meters while testing the
station.

Anyway in the last hour of the contest I double my QSO number and A35RK, VK9ANU
and H44MS called me.

The best part is to meet friends and give the XE1 prefix to those who needs
it.

73 de Ramon, XE1KK