[3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:36:34 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 7

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   2      2
   80:   5      2
   40:  10      6
Total:  17     10  Total Score = 170

* N1MM Logger       * FT-2000
* 40M half-square   * 80M delta loop
* 160M inverted-L

Pathetic opener here. Sounded like a pillow smothering the antennas. Was not
heard on 40, 80 or 160 (except by N6RO and K7SS). Can't fathom why prop was so
bad here, as flux is at a whopping 70, Ap=1 and Kp=0, with nice slow solar wind
and the dastardly (for B.C.) Au level at a benign 4. Should've produced more
than 170 points and 10 mults.

Lousy 40M signals -- virtually no noise, but hardly anyone was more than S-5
here and most more like S-2. IN, IL and east were barely workable, with deep
fading.

80M sounded better, but still few heard me. Guys must have yagis pointed the
wrong way, hi. W7WHY had big sigs. Noisy band with QSB as I was listening to
the chaps for a few minutes on the 3610 NCCC net.

BTW, Ken N6RO, the rewired 4-sq to:
SW and SE = S6
NE and NW = S9+ 10dB

                            NS LADDER 1.15 - VA7ST
160M:
 1  CA   2  WA

80M:
 1  CA   2  OR

40M:
 1  AZ   2  CA   3  FL   4  IL   5  IN   6  TX

20M:

160M  QSOS =   2 in   2 minutes
 80M  QSOS =   5 in  13 minutes
 40M  QSOS =  10 in  12 minutes