[3830] NA Sprint CW VE6CNU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW VE6CNU LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:40:26 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary

   80:   32     1.5
   40:   51     1.5
   20:   31       1
---------------------

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Team:

Comments:

Being my first ever SPRINT I felt like my paddle had two left thumbs.  After the
first half hour I don't think I worked anyone who had fewer QSOs than me.

First, I had to get used to the jumping around and figuring out what kind of
strategy worked best.  I'm still trying to get there!  Second, my 40m inverted
vee seems to not be working properly, so I had to resort to my Butternut
vertical for 40m.  It turned out to be my best band!  Third, 80m was swamped
with auroral noise 20/S9, so I was forced to use 12db of attenuation on my rx
front end, plus more by turning down the RF gain.  I was amazed I could hear
anything through that racket.   And finally, I only ran 100W, which left me out
in the cold quite frequently as the station I tried to call would often answer
someone else and I was left wondering if I should wait for someone else to come
along on that frequency or go S&P for someone else.

Contests like this one must build character!  I have to find something positive
to say.

Hope cu in the next one.

Jerry
VE6CNU