[3830] CQ160 CW OR2T(@ON4ATW) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on4atw@uba.be
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OR2T(@ON4ATW) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:03:30 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OR2T
Operator(s): ON4ATW ON6CC ON4IA
Station: ON4ATW

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 1422  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 72  Total Score = 1,022,580

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hi Gents,

This year i invited Marc ON6CC and Luc ON4IA, both excellent CW operators
and keen contesters, to assist me trying to improve my previous scores for
this contest. It took about four days of hard work and trouble shooting to
have the station ready for the big battle. The hard work was spent on putting
up additional beverages, laying down radials, putting up a Titanex vertical,
and lots of other hardware changes to the original station. The hard work payed
off.Everything worked superb! The only thing we could not foreseen was
good propagation..... The first night Marc started running with high rates and
worked the US West Coast ( at least 3 Q's with CA !) and lots of other good
stuff. Half way trough the night i took over from Marc and by daybreak we had
about 600 Q's ,35 states/prov and 42 DXCC's in the log. The second night the
band seemed somewhat noisier and with less good conditions than what we hoped
for. Luc was at the keys the second night and got some good comments via
cluster spots about our hearing ability, especially the 300 meter beverage to
North America seemed to play very well. Our final score was better than we
could have hoped for. Before the contest we had set ourself a goal and after
the contest we could only smile because we did much better. I'm impressed to
see the huge scores from our competitors in Europe! I guess it was just a dream
about  10 our 15 years ago. There are a lot of Big Gun Top Band stations around,
imho the new set records will some day be broken again. But it sure will be a
huge task. Congratulations to all stations and cu all again next year.

Vy 73' de OR2T @ ON4ATW Theo.