[3830] RTTY Roundup W1ECT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1ECT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:34:38 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1ECT
Operator(s): W1ECT
Station: W1ECT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 21.4

Total: 1131  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 53  Total Score = 123,279

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This year was very similar to last year.  However, a few more QSOs and a few
less multipliers resulted in a slightly lower score.  The distribution of QSOs
across bands and continents was nearly identical except the 80/40 mix (which
was nearly equal last year).  The shift towards 40m was due to a couple of
extended multi-hour sessions with good rates and not many attempts to move me
off the frequency.  There also seemed to be more activity which helped me to
boost my QSOs/hour stat.

Saturday:  I had a decent start and went to bed around midnight with lots of
states in the log for a change (I only needed Wyoming, Montana and Alaska and
picked up Wyoming on Sunday).

Sunday: In the past I would get started about 8AM and find there was already
some European activity on 20m.  This year I tried a 7:30 start and found that
things were just starting to get going.  No doubt an earlier start would have
resulted in a more QSOs but I like getting a good night sleep!

Best callsign: PD0SANTA.  Best DX: I was called by A45WD on 20m on Sunday
afternoon. I also found a couple of lonely ZL stations calling CQ late Sunday
afternoon on 15m and worked each with one call.  These and a couple of Hawaiian
stations were the only Oceania stations I put in the log (Also - A4 and ZC4 from
â??Asiaâ??, CN and CT3 from Africa, and only a dozen or so from the Caribbean +
South America).