[3830] TBDC N6IG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ig@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N6IG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:00:08 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6IG
Operator(s): N6IG
Station: N6IG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CM97
Operating Time (hrs): 3:30

Total:  QSOs = 161  Total Score = 1,162

Operated contest 100% remote controlled via internet link.  It worked quite
well.  I had everything set up for a HP entry, but there was an intermittant
arc on my antenna due to rainy WX, and it shut down my amp's protection
circuit.  I don't have that fully remoted yet, so I couldn't reset it, and was
limited to 50 watt output from exciter.  I was quite impressed at what I
worked, including CE1/K7CA, best US "DX" was K5ZD who pulled me right out first
call.

Antenna started acting up later Saturday evening and even was shutting down the
exciter, so I had to QRT, but it was fun while it lasted.  I used RX at my home
with 40 meter vertical and remote site for TX.  Of course, SP is one of the few
contests that allows that legally within the rules.  My home is about 60 km from
the TX site.  It allows for full-duplex operation, even better than QSK when
people are calling you!

Rig FT1000MP, antenna 1/2 wave sloper from tall tower.  WinTest running on
station computer, remoted via PCAnywhere.

See you in the CQWW 160 test, locally controlled, high powered, with arcing
problem repaired.