[3830] ARRL 160 N9VN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vinoul@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N9VN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:12:59 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N9VN
Operator(s): N9VN
Station: N9VN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN51 - DeKalb, IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6:00

Total:  QSOs = 50  Sections = 20  Countries = 0  Total Score = 2,000

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Had a fun time in my first 160m contest.  Not a huge amount of contacts, but was
more than I expected with my "indoor dorm room random wire special" antenna.
Thankfully, there are lots of others out there with better antennas than me,
that were able to hear my weak 30W signals.  Worked several SMC'ers out there
and operated mostly in the evenings, while preparing for finals.  Was exciting
to work W5ZN, President Joel Harrison and stations as far away as Maine &
Georgia.  No DX contacts though.   One of these days I'll be able to put up a
good antenna for 160m...  Then things will really get interesting...

73's to all

Vince - N9VN