[3830] ARRL 160 K7TJR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7tjr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7TJR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:02:50 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7TJR
Operator(s): K7TJR
Station: K7TJR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR

Total:  QSOs = 841  Sections = 75  Countries = 15  Total Score = 166,230

Another great time on 160. Ended up doing single op again because of dangerous
travel in the mountains between my place and my planned extra ops. I worked on
the station right up to last minute thinking more ops would be here so my time
management was bad. I missed both early mornings because of not waking to the
alarm. Missed a lot of points from early AM I am sure. Highlights were CQ
answered by HI3,RW0,HL3,AH2,FO5,and 40 JA's. Early CQing when it was quiet
produced the biggest pile up I have ever had on 160. Thanks to GM3POI and a few
other DX for coming right back to me in the window. Thats exciting on the West
coast! Speaking of windows it is irritating that some US stations dont bother
to read the rules. I wont work a US station in the window, mult or not! Clicks
and phase noise way down Hooray! Had quite a bout with power line noise and I
was really excited as I had moved the 8 element array 500 feet further from the
lines and it saved the day. Noise disappeared while driving around looking for
it on the next morning but EU conditions were not as good that evening. I need
to quit trying to improve the station and try to improve myself to do better.
With a 90 ft. top loaded TX vertical and 16 different receiving directions I
dont call it a RF black hole any more. It is just plain fun.