[3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jmaass@k8nd.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:48:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG/PJ2DX, W0NB, NP2L, W8WTS, K8ND, GI0RTN, K8MR
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Curacao

  160:  674    22       85
   80: 1384    27      107
   40: 2913    35      140
   20: 2631    35      130
   15: 2166    27      115
   10:  179    17       39
------------------------------

(Sorry for the delay in posting this report - we've been very busy with antenna
work following the contest - see below.)

A reasonably uneventful operation, which was an improvement over the long power
failure during CQWW SSB. No radio or other equipment failures during the contest
period.

Nice conditions on the low bands, especially the first night. Sputtering
openings on 10 meters as the MUF to everywhere hung at around 25-26 MHz.

Lots of competition in Multi-2 this year! Congratulations to the ops at EF8M,
HC8N, and PJ4A for their performances! Our raw score isvery close to our nearby
"in-country" Bonaire competition at PJ4A (within 160K). If things go
as planned for Curacao, we will be in different multipliers for next year's
CQWW contests!

We had a nice visit from PJ4A operator Larry K5OT on the Tuesday following the
contest on his way back to Texas. He got to see the 5-el 20m and 5-el 15m USA
antennas "up close and personal", as they came off of their 80-foot tower on
the Monday following the contest in order to re-hab and environmentally toughen
the 5-el 20-meter yagi. They were lowered to our rooftop "yagi service center,
where the boom ends on the 20m antenna were replaced and new stainless boom guy
hardware installed. All the aluminum joints were taped and coated with "Liquid
Tape" to eliminate the effects of having a station just feet from the
Caribbean
salt water! We've learned (painfully) how to keep the salt air at bay. This is
the last antenna to be lowered and re-habbed in the past year, a major
Preventive Maintenance plan that we hope keeps us operating for many more
years! (Larry also got to see the towers with their many, many coats of
$100-per-gallon 2-part epoxy paint).

As always, thanks to the members of the Caribbean Contesting Consortium, who
have built and maintain the Signal Point / PJ2T station, to our hosts
Geoff W0CG/PJ2DX and Cindy, and to non-Amateurs Janis Galm, Linda Stahl, and
Ian Tew! More details about the Club and PJ2T station are at:
http://www.pj2t.org.