[3830] CQWW CW NY3A SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ssluz@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NY3A SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:21:37 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NY3A
Operator(s): NY3A
Station: NY3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PA

  160:   53    10       26
   80:  257    21       77
   40:  414    24       90
   20: 1175    28      100
   15:  103    19       53
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Tough cndx for simple low band antennas! 80m was nasty. Not only was
I unable to run, it was very difficult to get stations to hear me when replying
to their cq. I did notice stations farther east, i.e. Russia, even though they
were weaker, were much easier to work. Was able to get short runs on 40m but it
was tough going. 20m was pretty good. 15m was surprising for little to none sun
activity. My 10m antenna had high swr for some reason but glad to see there was
some success by others.

Found rf problems in my SO2R during the first few minutes. My hats off to those
using SO2R successfully with full rf power.

73;
Steve
NY3A