[3830] CQWW CW KD4HXT/6 SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@kd4hxt.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KD4HXT/6 SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:14:08 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KD4HXT/6
Operator(s): KD4HXT
Station: KD4HXT/6

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: California-SJV
Operating Time (hrs): <20

  160:
   80:    1     1        1
   40:   51    14       24
   20:   62    15       21
   15:   39    11       21
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  153   108      379  Total Score = 40,932

This was fun.  I had a blast even with the limited time available to operate.
The first real CW effort in CQWW.  It was also the first time doing QRP in this
contest.  Yes, you can make contacts with QRP at the bottom of the cycle. (I
know Iâ??m crazy, but need to keep the neighbors happy for a few more years.)
The loop does a remarkable job.

Best moment:  ZS4 on 40 in grey line Saturday night, wow. Some guys had a lot
of patience with me.  The op at CT3KN was unbelievable with me at 30 wpm plus.
Thanks!
Also the op at KP2M was upper class all the way.  Best op I heard in a pileup
was HQ2A.  What an ear!  The Saturday night crew was amazing and should have a
great score.

Worst moment: The observed mess with 5J0A Saturday night.  They tried to work a
split but I guess nobody figured it out.  Never did work them.

To all the stations who pulled me out, you deserve a big THANK YOU!  Several of
you I worked on 3 bands.  Over all 7 new DXCC CTYâ??s CW for me with 18 new ones
on 40 CW.