[3830] SS SSB N3OC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, barry.shapiro@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N3OC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:15:44 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N3OC
Operator(s): N3OC, WR3Z, N1SZ
Station: N3OC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Killed our rate early on by sitting on VY1JA's frequency 15 minutes before the
contest start, only to have the W7/W0 iron curtain come up right away.
Fortunate to work J not too much later.

Like others, experienced strange conditions on 80m Saturday evening.
Propagation was very long where we could barely copy W1s/W2s.  As an alternate
to the shortwave mess on 40m, moved over to 160m and felt good with the number
of qsos on the top band.  Seemed others had the same idea.  Worked most of the
W1/W2 sections Sunday morning on 40m.

Last two needed were UT and SK which were obtained Sunday morning.

Barry WR3Z