[3830] SS SSB KB0FHP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb0fhp@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KB0FHP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:25:26 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KB0FHP
Operator(s): KB0FHP
Station: KB0FHP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Collegeville, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 12.75

  160:    0
   15:    7

This was much better results than last year.  Last year I used a Gap Titan
Vertical and my AL-80B - this year I used a simple 80M loop fed with 450 ohm
ladder line.  MUCH better results.  It was amazing to do A/B tests and hear the
signals come up on the loop by several S-Units and the noise go down - much
better signal to noise ratio.  I was pleased with the results of the loop. Only
missed 2 sections - AK and NT.  I heard the AK several times, but I just wasn't
strong enough to get through the pile ups.

80M was strange - it was extremely long for most of the evening and mornings -
at midnight I had not worked a single section in zones 1, 2 or 3.  Very shortly
afterwards, the band switched, and the 1,2 and 3s came rolling in.  A nice
contest - thank you to everyone for working me.

KB0FHP