[3830] SS CW NO5W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NO5W Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 07:05:23 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Hardware: IC-7000 and 40/20 wires at 25 ft. WinKey serial keyer.
Software: CQ/X de NO5W

Virtually since day one, 50 years ago, SS has been my favorite contest. Well
TxQP and the CW sprints are running a close second:-). SS was the one that
planted the contesting bug in KN5MPM later to resurface in NO5W. This year's
event was well-attended and provided lots of fun, with decent conditions, and a
lot of good CW ops. But no sweep for me, perhaps partly because I had to take
numerous off-times late Saturday afternoon to catch parts of the LSU-BAMA (aka
Miles-Saban grudge match) game to avoid being completely ostrasized by other
non-ham family member Tiger fans.

Interesting to note that my only LA contact was with K5LSU and nice to note
that they've revived the club station at the Ole War Skule. I missed NE and WTX
and also several VE's including VY1 which has always been elusive for me. I
anticipated having problems with WTX as I was aware of Dave's life-changing
experience described in his post. It was good to read that recovery is going
well for him and it looks like we'll be hearing N5DO giving out WTX for many
years to come -- take care Dave.

Thanks for the Qs and hope to work you in the CW sprints and on the road in a
QSO party or two or three next year.

73/Chuck/NO5W
Another 50th Anniversery Guy