[3830] IARU W4WTB SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4wtb1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W4WTB SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:56:45 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4WTB
Operator(s): W4WTB
Station: W4WTB

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: NC

  160:   0        0     0       0
   80:   0       36    22       0
   40:   0      320    38       0
   20:   0      718    58       0
   15:   0      248    29       0
   10:   0      155    10       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1477   157       0  Total Score = 565,985

***N1MM Contest Log did not seperate zones and HQ mults...so I combined the two
and listed both together under Zones.

This was the first time I worked this contest since 2002 and I could really see
the effects of being at the bottom of the cycle. Runs were very good, but 68% of
my contacts were here in the continental US. I hadn't planned on operating...
but decided to at the last minute... in order to evaluate my new FT-2000 under
contest conditions. I will have to say I was very surprised...the rig seemd to
work very good during crowded band conditions...the roofing filters worked as
advertised... The DSP was very good for weak signals and worked quite well for
QRN on the low bands. I have operated a TenTec Orion for the past 2 years but
recently switched to the FT-2000. Guys I know the numbers on the FT-2000
receiver look poor .... but don't overlook this radio...it will surprise you
.... the receiver is actually pretty darn good.
I noticed a lot of new operators on the bands that were not familiar with
contesting ...so I ended up doing a lot of explaining ...especially about the
ITU zones. Overall the contest was lacking the propagation I had hoped
for...but at least the bands were not dead ....If high rates are what you were
looking for ...then this one sure didn't get boring !!

Here are a few stats from the contest.............

My QSO's by Continent:

NA ... 1157
EU ... 238
SA ... 57
OC ... 35
AF ... 9
AS ... 8

My Countries worked per Continent:

EU ... 37
SA ... 13
NA ... 12
OC ... 6
AF ... 4
AS ... 4

76 Total Countries Worked
23 Total ITU Zones Worked
1504 Total QSO's minus 27 Dupes = 1477 Total Qso's
My Best 60 Min rate ... 167 from 12:10 - 13:09 UTC
My Best 120 Min rate ... 253 from 19:09 - 21:08 UTC

My most notable Qso's were on 20..which included...

YJ / Zone 56
FO / Zone 63
ST / Zone 48

Thanks for all the Q's