[3830] 7QP AB7E Cnty Exped LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, xdavid@cis-broadband.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP AB7E Cnty Exped LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 08:14:56 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: AB7E
Operator(s): AB7E
Station: AB7E

Class: Cnty Exped LP
QTH: AZSCZ

   40:   70     20
   20:  150     38
--------------------
Total:  220     58  Mults = 45  Total Score = 34,920

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

I operated Field Day style from a campsite along a dry wash in Santa Cruz
county, Arizona, since that was the only county in the state with no activity
in last year's event.  The antenna was only an off-center fed dipole for 40m
and 20m about 25 feet high ... the trees aren't very tall in the Arizona desert
and I was lucky to find some cottonwoods along the wash.  I wished later I had
put up something that would tune on 80m as well.

I got in about 8 hours of casual operating (paper logging, etc), mostly CW
since my voice wasn't holding up very well.  Hope everyone had as much fun as I
did. though, and I will QSL if anyone really needs the county.

Photos:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/8155008@N02/
   GPS:  N31   43.312
         W110  42.814

73, Dave   AB7E