[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:51:29 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 30

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   3      1
   40:  14     11
   20:  16      7
-------------------
Total:  33     19  Total Score = 627

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

20m sprang to life out of nothing, but the opening didn't quite include n4af.
Repeatedly missed Tor on 20, being several times out of sync.

Suddenly lost power to the keyer ten minutes before the end by throwing an
unlabeled switch that I didn't know existed.  So lost 5 critical minutes that
should have been devoted to 80m.  The folks who built that keyer with unlabeled
switches should be run out of town  .  trouble is I'd be running myself out of
town.

Our experiment to use names instead of calls was fun and educational, but it
was a bad call (no pun intended, of course) to start with that experiment. As
some of you know, we'll be requesting, shortly, some official logging program
support.

Thank you to all of you who joined the fray tonight  . it was a thrill to hear
the pile-ups return. Especially good to hear w9re, n2zn, k1gu, w4nz, w6sj, k7-
and k6nv.

73 blll n6zfo