[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3DQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3dq@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W3DQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:21:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Washington, DC

  160:   3      3
   80:  19     17
   40:  15     14
   20:  24     17
   15:  20      9
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  81     60  Total Score = 14,580

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Unresolved equipment, antenna and software issues from previous weeks turned
this one into a "steal some time here, steal some time there" contest.
Regardless, it was both fun (at times) an a challenge (all the time).  City lot
antennas for the low bands make the going rough at this point in the sunspot
cycle, although I did make KV4FZ happy on 160.

A record 6 stations were on from DC: AH0AH, K3VOA, KE3VV, W3DOS, KA4IZN and me.
Yes, there is interest and activity from the District! On the other hand, I was
stopped mid-QSO by a station who insisted I was sending him an incorrect QTH,
as DC didn't come up in his software.  His loss...

CU in the next one. Hope to have some *real* low band antennas by then!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

Orion + Hercules II amp (500w)
Force 12 C3-SS