[3830] ARRL 10 W0BH SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W0BH SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:53:47 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KS

   CW:  325    50
  SSB:  378    55
-------------------
Total:  703   105  Total Score = 215,880

As usual, our Christmas dinner at Hesston College was on Friday evening so I
missed the good opening but not the great food and program. All is well,
though, because my only goal this year was to work North Dakota on 10m to
complete 6BWAS and WB0CW made that a reality!

I was getting pretty discouraged after Saturday with nothing worked and nothing
heard north of CO, NE, and IA. I'd been CQing and listening north a good bit of
the time on both CW and SSB, but just after noon on Sunday I was beaming east
working mostly VA and MDC, when a nice loud signal came through with a 0 call
putting ND into the log on SSB.

Kansas enjoyed occasional DX mostly into Central and South America and the
Caribbean. Worked a few ZLs but no VKs or JAs. Only ZS and 3X called in from
points way east although I did hear a loud A3. Missed all of Canada except ON,
QC and NF.  Missed and didn't hear AK, MN, ME, WY, MO, AR and LA.  Missed and
heard but couldn't work SD (and MS on SSB).

Really enjoyed not fighting the low band QRN and QRM which allowed some almost
vaporware Qs into the log. One of these years we'll get 10m back, but tonight
I'll be the last to complain.

Happy holidays to all!

73, Bob, w0bh