[3830] ARRL 10 VP5D(N0VD) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VP5D(N0VD) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:31:17 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VP5D
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: VP5D

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Provo

   CW:  401    64
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  401    64  Total Score = 102,656

Club: Pikes Peak DX Group

Comments:

What a differece a year makes!  Started out thinking I'd be SO Mixed LP, but
after not getting a single answer on SSB and only a few very difficult Qs in
S&P I decided it was CW only.  Many, many signals just above ESP.  Almost no E
Skip at all and to top it off the rotor decided to loose it's brake Friday
night and just spin in the wind only later to get stuck on "S" but really be
somewhere between NA and EU.  Who paid for Murphy's plane ticket?

Using a combination of a "wrong direction" Pro67, 80m dipole and 160m dipole
was pretty tough going.  I have never heard so many ? only to be followed by a
CQ in my face.  I tried to give many VP5 multipliers, but it was not to be this
year.  Also noticed far fewer SA than last.  However I did get a few very
unexpected pops out of EU which were pleasant surprises.

Thanks to everybody for pulling my puny signal out of the ether.  This was more
like work than fun...

73
Kelly - N0VD (VP5D)