[3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns3t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:26:41 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

   CW:  150    42
  SSB:   88    24
-------------------
Total:  238    66  Total Score = 51,216

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That sure was some kind of 6 meter contest, eh?  Lots of fun, even if using a
dipole for it was like slamming your head against the wall for hours at a
time...but I just kept coming back to the shack again and again...

I went mixed this year for the first time (instead of CW only) because my time
is just more limited and I knew that would make it easier to get a few more Q's
in the log.  The openings were few and far between and getting DX to hear me was
even harder.  Still it was fun as always to be contesting.

My best DX was LZ0A on Saturday morning.  My best QSO period was Friday night -
actually Saturday around 2 am ET.  I was calling CQ on a dead band while I was
finishing my work for the day.  Suddenly this huge signal W0AIH responds.  No
one else around, but he's 40 over.

I tried to move a half dozen people from CW to phone for mults, but only one
person said yes, and then it was an easy hit up the band.  I'll keep trying.

As usual, almost all my Q's were using Writelog and voice files.
Hope everyone has a good holiday season and see you the weekend of the
RAC Winter and Stew Perry.

73 Jamie NS3T
TS 2000
two EF 10 meter dipoles by W4OP