[3830] ARRL 160 K0TV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K0TV M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 04:47:41 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): N1IW, WO1N, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH

Total:  QSOs = 1087  Sections = 74  Countries = 23  Total Score = 220,481

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This last week I was in NJ/NYC helping my mother move until Friday morning and I
had to drive back from NY on Friday. I got back just a few hours before the
start of the contest and had time to get the station ready. I also brought back
lots of cold cuts, knishes, rye bread, pickles, and cheesecake from one of the
best delicatessens in NYC. At least we were going to eat well.

There was a storm front coming through just at the beginning of the contest.
The static crashes and noise made hearing anything very difficult. Sorry for
all those who called we couldn't hear. Copy was close to impossible. I hope you
called in again later.

We started having problems with one of the rigs a few hours in and our
transmitter was cutting out. I finally traced it down to another Orion failure
(sorry Ten-Tec). We lost almost everything Friday night after about 0700
because of this problem. I thought I had solved it during the day on Saturday
only to have the failure return just after we started operating on Saturday
evening. I decided to switch off to another rig for the duration of the
contest.

We had no further equipment problems. The contest was a lot of fun and we all
had a great time. Congratulations to the top stations and we're looking forward
to the CQWW 160 contest in January.

MVP this time was N1IW who kept a great run rate Friday night.

73, Jerry