[3830] ARRL 160 NO2R(@K2NG) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2r@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NO2R(@K2NG) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 11:57:25 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NO2R
Operator(s): NO2R,K2NG
Station: K2NG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NNJ

Total:  QSOs = 1282  Sections = 76  Countries = 46  Total Score = 366,610

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I still have a headache from trying to pull callsign's out of the static crashes
at the start of the contest due to a massive storm that besieged K2NG's.House
power dipped a few times,almost pulled the plug but we somehow managed to get
thru it without any loss of equipment.We did have a couple of beverages snap
but were quickly repaired.Had a few scattered openings to Europe but nothing
sustained this year.Too bad this contest wasn't last weekend when 160 was wide
open.It would have been a lot less painful.I apologize to the West Coast for
not being able to hear them the first night from some kind of RFI to the west
of us.Two huge thrill's thou,first UA9CLB calling in at 23:00Z,and then 7Z1SJ
at 02:00Z both on Saturday night.Tnx to all who kept hanging in until we got
their call.BTW,in my opinion the key click radios seem to be going the way of
the DoDo bird.Band was packed wall to wall thruout but signals seemed a lot
cleaner than past contests.A big tnx to Noah for letting me operate from his
qth and pitching in behind the paddle.Congrats to the W2GD team,a great score
during these marginal conditions. Peter,NO2R