[3830] FlQP NO5W SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP NO5W SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:46:37 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: TX

   40:   60     0
   20:  173     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  233     0  CW Mults = 59  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 54,988

Club: NARS - Houston

Comments:

Another great FQP with outstanding enthusiasm and operating by the mobiles. And
20M showed up to boot and stayed around for the entire event!

After mobile/rovering operations in the OK QP and GA QP it was comfortable, but
a whole lot less exciting, sitting at an non-bouncing operating desk with a full
size keyboard, etc. And when I checked the $120 I would normally set aside for
gas for a two-day QP is still in my wallet!

At one point late Saturday I thought I might be able to work all 67 but that was
not to be as I missed the following, which I believe are all in the north:
Calhoun, Clay, Gulf, Hamilton, Jackson, Liberty, Okaloosa, Walton. NF4A was
definitely missed. I thought maybe I could catch W5WMU in some of those but
after mid-afternoon on Sunday I never heard him again.

The following mobiles were outstanding and provided most all of my Qs: N4M(35)
K4KG(21), W1NN(20), K4PG(16), K4J(15), W4OV(14), W5WMU(10), AD8J(10), KN4Y(7).
Several times N4M was only a whisper at my end but one call got a reply coming
back almost before the radio could switch to receive -- amazing! Thanks to all
the mobiles for putting gas in the tank and continuing the traditions of the
FQP.

73 es OJ,

Hope to see you (and 20M) in the Texas party in late September,

Chuck/NO5W