[3830] LP Sprint W0BH LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] LP Sprint W0BH LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:25:15 -0700
                    Low Power CW Sprint

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 3:10

---------------------

After taking down some antennas during the day in preparation for the Kansas
spring and summer lightning season, I decided to give the LP Sprints a try for
the first time.  Wasn't sure of the correct date since April 1 0000Z seemed to
be commonly reported, but checked the LP Sprint web site and found I hadn't
missed it after all.

20M started out fine but soon ran out of familiar and unfamiliar calls.  40M was
noisy but workable for a bit longer until the big thunderstorms got close.
Forgot about the MOQP until I answered a CQ TEST.  He gave me #162 (which
impressed me and which I left in the log for fun) and eventually a name and a
very slow hand-sent -- ---.  Guess I was supposed to know that the MOQP is in
MO!

80M was so noisy that I could only catch parts of calls and I appreciated the
patience from all.  I had my best 80M receive on my "new" snake antenna .. a 100
foot run of unterminated feedline I had forgotten to coil up and put away
earlier in the day. It gave a great insight into S/N ratio and made the static
crashes almost completely go away!  Actually did work several of you that way.

Additional but much appreciated QRM came from the XYL who was on weather watch
for me.  She came into the shack at the same time my window lit up from a huge
flash of lightning, so quitting about 50 minutes early suddenly became a good
option.  Thanks to all for logging KS!

73, Bob, w0bh