[3830] ARRLDX CW KD2MX SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd2mx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KD2MX SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:37:00 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Oakland, NJ

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   40:   54    35
   20:   67    35
   15:   29    25
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  152    97  Total Score = 44,232

This was my first DX contest in many years and the first running QRP.  I took
the qrp challenge one step farther as I have just a random longwire for an
antenna.  Despite these limitations, I had some fun and picked up a few new
countries.  My only real frustration was not being able to make any 10 meter
contacts despite pretty good condx on Sunday.  Minimal only goes so far in
getting you through the pileups.  I was also disappointed in missing
KL7...didn't even hear one.  My project is to work on a better antenna
installation for 160/80 meters as I had virtually no chance there.  But still a
vast improvement over my recent scores!