[3830] CQWW SSB N3GNW SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3gnw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N3GNW SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:43:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3GNW
Operator(s): N3GNW
Station: N3GNW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 20.85

  160:   24     6       11
   80:    9     6        9
   40:   42    10       33
   20:  148    20       71
   15:  118    14       56
   10:   46     8       23
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Third contest as a member of FRC so it was time to set some new goals rather
than just get on the air.  First was to get a halfway decent antenna on 160m.
My neighbor let me borrow one of his trees and I put up a 1/4 wavelength
inverted L with four radials.  It needs a little work since I had a hard time
hearing Europe with it but North America and the Carribean were booming in.  But
it gave me 17 more mults which never hurt.  Second was to break 250K which I did
by almost 30K.

I was surprised by what I did work on 10m.  I really wasn't expecting more than
10 or 15 QSOs there.  Also the relative quiet there was a nice break from 20.

Now I've got to look into getting some sort of beam up at least for the
contests.  The amp has helped but conditions will not be getting any better for
the next couple of years so any help that a new antenna system can give me will
be well worth the effort.

Go FRC!