[3830] CQWW SSB VK1CC(@VK2SCP) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sergeysh@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VK1CC(@VK2SCP) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:07:28 -0800

20 M ? 5 ele Log-yagi (4log+1) @ 20 M
40 M ? 3 ele wire yagi fixed to N/W @ 18 M, dipole @ 18 M
80 M ? Dipole @ 18M

Radios:
Position 1 ? TS440S + FL2100Z
Position 2 ? FT1000MP + AL811
Dunestar filters

Logging :
N1MM 5.7.2 at two networked PC?s with WinXP
No DX cluster used

Remarks:

This was first activation of VKCC club?s contest call from a QTH near Sydney
(VK2). We are happy that nearly everything went as planned, we have had some
minor exceptions though.

Highlights:

10 M got opened up on reasonably well on Saturday with some runs to JA and some
multipliers coming from North America and Europe
Great propagation on 15 M with good runs to the US and Japan
Reasonable 40M antenna performance kept us busy during night hours

Lowlights:

We had had to QRT for about 3 hours on Sunday morning during one of the best run
we had. The reason was ? high level of RF interference coming from some
electrical equipment at the site (apparently the water pump, which we had had to
detect and to shut down for the rest of the contest)

The 20 M antenna was clearly underperforming comparing with the rest of the
setup.  We were not loud enough to get decent runs, many multipliers were missed
also

The amount of interference in the 80M DX window was rather disappointing

Many thanks for all the contacts and we will see you in CQWWCW operating under
our own callsigns

Special thanks to ?Fishers Ghost ARC? in Sydney for help in organizing this
event.

Sergey VK2IMM

www.vkcc.com