[3830] Oceania CW ON5KQ SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ulli@planet.nl
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW ON5KQ SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 23:58:27 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: ON5KQ
Operator(s): ON5KQ
Station: ON5KQ

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Brugge
Operating Time (hrs): 2:35

   40:  10     8
Total:  10     8  Total Score = 360

just a little bit hunting on 40m short-pass. VK8AV was first signal coming
through very early, in fact was already strong, when I came on the band at
14:36h UTC
Loudest signal from ZL6QH as usual = very solid S9 on short pass, which is about
10dB more than the stronger other stations...

Condx dropped at 16:00h, when the band became very noisy suddenly and when condx
became very unstable with deep relatively quick 1sec.-QSB periods.

Interesting: The shortpath directions to ZL especially quickly changed in the
rythm of the QSB: max signal strength was fluttering between 35degrees to
120degrees on my 4 square, which is usually not the case, when the condx over
the northpole path is stable and normal...

I could see some solar reports (sun: active, minor geomagnetic storms together
with much higher aurora levels than usual) exactly at the same time, when
observing unusual propagation path's... Anyone has comments on this ?!

Made only one quick qso with VK7GR after breakfast on long pass... so for sure I
missed the main propagation time...hi

Rig: FT-1000MP, barefoot 100wtts
Ant: 4square, 120degrees crossfire-phased, 35/125/215/305 degrees
details: www.qrz.com

73's de op Ulli, ON5KQ