[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE3NZ SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, qrp.ben@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE3NZ SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:28:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE3NZ
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: VE3NZ

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Toronto

   80:  211  424      40      20    9
Total:  211  424      40      20    9  Total Score = 29,256

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First nite I started out little pistol style; IC706 (40 Watts) and inverted-L 10
mtrs vertical+10 mtrs horizontal, abt. 20 radials. No Beverages, no salt water
marsh in the backyard here, just flowers and grass, sorry folks. There was a
pretty good opening to Europe around midnight and it kept me awake 'till 3 AM.
Then I had 3 hrs sleep. Worked a  few more West-Coast from 7 AM to 8 AM, then I
could not here anything new. I was surprised of the result, so during the day I
was busy making some improvements. I set up the SB-220 beside the IC706 on the
kitchen table and I added 20 more radials in the backyard. Now I got 400 Watts,
started to feel like a big gun, well, sort of. Second nite I did quite a lot's
of running and was aiming at 200 QSOs. I did not achieve it by Sunday morning
but in the last 3 hours Sunday evening I actually did more, than my goal was.
Next day checking out the WEB, I got good news and bad news as well. The good
news was, that I broke the 80 mtrs Canadian record. The bad news was, that I
could retrieve VK6HD from the cluster data base spotting me on Sunday morning,
but I never heard him. Now I started dreaming about putting up a Beverage for
this winter. I had a good time, while trying to shape up for the contest
season.
Thanks for the Qs and Mults,
Best 73, George VE3NZ