[3830] OhQP K8AJS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8AJS SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:33:11 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OH

   80:  165     61
   40:  115     94
   20:   65     45
   15:    2      1
   10:
--------------------
Total:  347    201  CW Mults = 86  Ph Mults = 76  Total Score = 144,990

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I still haven't found the secret to shortening my skip zone on 20 for this
contest. Early into the contest I quit using the quad and used only my wire
antennas, but I still had 6 EU and 1 XE answer my CQs. I worked 38 states and 4
provinces, but I completely missed 28 Ohio counties. That's not good for the
multiplier count.

I did work a number of Ohio mobiles/rovers, mostly on 80 meters, I don't have a
count yet for that. 80 meters was the workhorse band for me for working Ohio
stations, on 40 and 20 I mostly couldn't hear anything in state that was over
the horizon.

Conditions seemed excellent, and rates were good. 80 meters was a little noisy,
and 20 meters was noisy at times during the day (mostly sounded like local
man-made noise) but on the whole, signals were strong enough to overcome it. I
apologize to the stations that I tried unsuccessfully to dig out, thankfully
there were only a few of you.

Thanks to everyone who participated and helped to make this another great
edition of OQP. I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

Rig: FT1000MP + ALS-600 amp 500 watts
Antennas: 3 ele quad, Carolina Windom, Multi-band inv vee
Software: WriteLog 10.55c