[3830] WAE CW W3UA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W3UA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:38:54 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Bedford, NH

   80:  120    80    25
   40:  336   335    43
   20:  514   535    46
   15:   91   110    19
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total: 1061  1060   133  Total Score = 761,080

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Had no plans to participate, discovered that it's contest weekend on Friday
afternoon. Decided to play just for fun, but spent at the station much more time
than expected. My first WAE from outside EU -- a lot of fun. It's so much easier
to send QTC -- computer does all the job. I remember the pain in the ass to get
all the QTCs (my last WAE was about 15 years ago, plain paper logs, hi-hi). Lost
a lot of EU on 80 without receiving antenna (that's why such a pathetic mult on
80) -- must have one for WW. Sorry folks for bad ears -- sloper is NOT the best
receiving antenna in the word. But there were some loud ones -- was totally
surprised to send bunch of QTC on 80. Also lost several hours of possibly
productive time entertaining my friends -- which most likely cost me a coupe of
hundred QSOs and some mults. Anyway, it was fun!