[3830] CQ160 CW N2CU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N2CU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:19:33 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NY

Total:  QSOs = 1023  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 29  Total Score = 227,679

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Well, as you can see from my summary something is blatantly wrong. My QSO total
should put me way up in the standings but the number of DX multipliers is
pitiful compared to the big guns. The 47' high inverted vee is a nice cloud
warmer but just doesn't cut it as a DX antenna. Next year will see an Inv. L
with more radials than you can shake a stick at, and some K9AY loops.

I finished with 28 dupes, but there were way more than that not logged.
Apparently some stations want to make sure they have "rare" NY in the log and
call in at every opportunity. I usually just work 'em and forget about it but at
some point I had enough and started sending QSO B4 messages.

Most worked state was CA with 61. I never would have guessed it from this
location with a cloud warmer. Missed ND and AK for WAS, plus NT, LB and YT from
our neighbors to the north. Had 906 US, 64 VE, 38 EU, 8 NA, 3 AF, 2 SA and 2 OC.
Never heard VK, ZL and of course, JA.

DX worked: DL, ON, G, CM, OK, S5, HA, 9A, OM, CT3, KH6, EA, SP, CT, C6, PJ2, YV,
VP2E, F, KP2, GD, UA2, D4, LZ, 8P, I, YU, VP5 and GW. BTW, what's with VP2E
sending "599 AXA" as a report? I don't get it.

This was a great contest and my best effort on 160m, which is truly a wonderful
band. Ops were courteous and no frequency fights occurred. The only problem was
US stations CQ'ing in the DX window. It didn't even sound like there was a
window at times. Clicks were not bad and I hope my de-clicked MP wasn't causing
any problems.

This was a great warm-up for the MN QSO Party this Saturday ;^)

73,
Tom N2CU <><