[3830] RAC Winter N0AC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter N0AC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:14:37 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: N0AC
Operator(s): N0AC
Station: N0AC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): <24

  160:    1              0
   80:  109             10
   40:  135             10
   20:  137              9
   15:   34              6
Total:  416     0       35         0  Total Score = 102,130

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I haven't operated the winter RAC for some years due to family obligations and
would usually operate from N0NI but this year operated from home, which is a big
step down from Toni's station. My goal was to make as many QSOs as last year's
LP DX winner and have a good time. To have a good time I slept 6 hours Saturday
morning, took an hour off to watch a woodworking show on TV, and had dinner with
the XYL. I was only about 30 QSOs off my goal and I'm sure I could have made
those if I worked a little harder and took less time off.

My home station doesn't lend itself to SSB so I operated all CW even though
there is not a single mode class and because of this my multiplier and score
totals are way down. I'm sure if I would have operated mixed mode the
multipliers would have been at least double.

Thanks to all the VEs that took time to QSY to another band and for the
excellent participation.

Radio 1 = Ten Tec Omni 6, 40/80 Butternut vertical
Radio 2 = Ten Tec Orion, multi/band Butternut vertical
Logging = TRLog

Bill, N0AC