[3830] ARRL 10 N0JK SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0jk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N0JK SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:18:58 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: KS

   CW:  42     28
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  42     28  Total Score = 4,704

My entry was a "spur of the moment effort" to hand out a few CW contest
contacts. I do not have a 10M antenna, so ran QRP into my attic 6M yagi with a
tuner. My effective power was probably around a watt! Despite the weak signal, I
was able to make contacts Saturday evening via the Es opening. Pleased to give
Tim, N4GN a "KS" mult. - I operated with Tim at HC8N back in the 2001 CQ WW CW.
10 Meters is very forgiving when open - and kudos to the ops who made the effort
to copy me. I was "hooked" now, and continued to operate Sunday during breaks
from chores assigned by my XYL. More Es Sunday morning to NJ (N2MM), SC (K4DLJ),
VA, TX (W5VX), SD (K7RE), and UT (N5LZ). The F2 was limited to Central/South
America, the Carib., and Pacific. I was able to work about every DX station I
could copy. The ZLs came back on my first call. CO8ZZ was probaby the "toughest"
nut to crack. In all, I believe a pretty good score considering I was not
planning to enter the 2004 10M contest.