[3830] ARRL 160 VE6AO M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwilso@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE6AO M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 14:19:27 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE6AO
Operator(s): VE6KC, VE6EPK, VE6GJ
Station: VE6AO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Calgary

Total:  QSOs = 453  Sections = 93  Countries = 5  Total Score = 66,357

Club: Calgary DX Club

Comments:

Wow, what a difference a new vertical antenna makes.  Thanks to Doug, VE6PR for
getting out 100 ft tower shunt fed and tuned in time for the contest, even
though work committments kep him from operating.  Thanks Doug!  Receive was a
lot quieter, even for a vertical, than the old inverted V.  Used FT-1000D and
Ameritron Amp at about 800W and N1MM for logging.

We were short of Ops and didn't start until 0630 UTC on Friday night with Larry
VE6KC running for 233 Qs over his 7h shift and Peter VE6EPK racking up another
190 during his 6 hr shift.  I finished with a measly 32 Qs over 4h Op time, with
a sleep break during Sunday 12AM to 9AM shift.  Was a total zombie and it was
dupe city by that time! That's what I get for trying to do the contest from home
as well the night before.  At least I got Virgin Is. and Japan.

Lots of fun - it's amazing how many times you tell yourself - just one more Q
before going QRT - which happens 2hrs later!

73,
Jeff VE6GJ
Calgary DX Club