[3830] CQWW CW K7RAT(N6TR) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tree@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7RAT(N6TR) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:45:06 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: K7RAT

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Boring, OR

  160:
   80:  679    32       81
------------------------------

A great way to test the new antennas (4 square and beverage).  Worked 41
stations in Europe the first night - one the second (long path in the morning).
During the first hours of the second evening, it was all I could do to work one
VE each hour.  Had to stop during the second night to pick up the family at the
airport - they arrived at 1:50 AM due to delayed and rerouted flights.  Good
thing I was planning to stay up all night!

Missed zones 12, 20, 22, 34, 36, 37, 39 and 40.  Mults called but not worked are
V4, HS and BY.

Doing single-band 80 high-power from the west coast is a bit crazy, but doing it
with low power is totally nuts.  Congrats to N6MZ, N0AX and W7EW (W7AT) who
fought it out.  Looks like the winner of that competition will have a new record
for W7.